We are looking to appoint a Foodbank Development Manager, who is passionate about tackling food poverty in the Abergavenny area. Due to the recent Covid pandemic there has been an increased need and we are looking for an enthusiastic and visionary person to take this forward. This will include developing the vision and strategy for the Foodbank, as well as managing the operational delivery of the Foodbank services. The manager is responsible to the Trustees of Abergavenny Baptist Church. The Foodbank is part of the Trussell Trust network of food banks.
Salary: £20,020 pro rata. This post is a part-time role starting at 21 hours a week, at £11 per hour (£12,012 per annum). However, there is the potential of increasing the number hours a week. There is also some flexibility on when the hours can be done.
Closing Date: 18th May 2021 at 12 p.m. Interviews for short listed candidates will be held on 25th May 2021.
The person we are looking for will:
- Be passionate about working with people from disadvantaged, marginalised and socially excluded backgrounds.
- Be in empathy with the Trussell Trust’s and Abergavenny Baptist Church’s Christian ethos and vision.
- Have the gifts, experience and personality to work effectively with clients and social agencies.
- Have experience in managing a significant project.
- Have good leadership skills and the ability to manage and empower teams of volunteers in line with the policies and procedures of Abergavenny Baptist Church and the Trussell Trust.
- Have excellent communication skills (including verbal, written and social media), and have good computer literacy skills.
The post will require a DBS check to be undertaken
For an application form please email Huw Morgan, the church secretary, at [email protected]